With the incredible rise of ebooks, more authors have considered self-publishing than in the past. The dream would be to emulate successful Independents (Indies) such as Amanda Hocking, that sells over 100, 000 ebooks monthly and is just about the poster child with regard to ebook stardom. Many authors aspire to follow Hocking’s actions, to have their own words read by an incredible number of Kindle, Nook as well as iPad owners.
Unfortunately it’s easier in theory. While the procedure for e-publishing is quite simple, getting the e-book sales-ball rolling is usually tricky. Here are ten free ideas to boost ebooks product sales:
1. Make your own ebook available almost everywhere. Amazon and Barnes&Noble are great to begin. Smashwords helps along with converting formats as well as gets authors into bookstores for example Apple, Sony, Kobo yet others. Ebooks can additionally be sold via your personal website or weblog and set to take care of transactions on autopilot. Other areas like Scribd as well as YouPublish are ideal for having samples as well as some sales.
2. Have a weblog and update it weekly or even more often. Free blogs along with WordPress and Doodlekit do great with engines like google, so strangers will discover you. Posts could be short, sometimes much less is more. Write blog records on subjects in your book or it’s genre. If site visitors enjoy your composing, they’ll be prone to sample your guide.
3. Participate in writing/reading discussion boards or those for that subjects of your own book. Amazon Kindle Planks, Nook Boards, Authonomy, RedRoom, YouWriteOn and Goodreads tend to be fine places to begin. Note that many forums don’t appreciate selling or spamming and also have codes of integrity.
4. Join Facebook groups that need to do with ebooks as well as your genre. There tend to be Facebook groups with regard to ebooks, Kindle, Space, writers, sci-fi, romance and much more.
5. Tweet regularly without having to be annoying. Twitter mentions may go viral therefore be persistent and interesting be it your own brings up or others to talk about. Follow the people inside your fields and take part in the trending subjects (# for hashes as well as @for mentions).
6. Contact your readers, even though it’s brief. Create a habit of quickly returning emails, commenting on the blogs, building associations while staying expert.
7. Submit content articles to online publications. A well-written post can generate hundreds to a large number of views in very little time, especially when visitors Retweet or reveal it on Myspace. Submissions can also be produced to free pr release companies.
8. Add a YouTube movie. If doesn’t need to be Oscar quality. An easy video can help to make many readers conscious of your book.
9. Continue to utilize other writers. As critique groups are crucial for writing the book, they can also be considered a source of mutual assistance with regards to sales. It’s wise to collaborate with authors you like; buy each other peoples books, make bulletins, blog reciprocally, include tags at Amazon . com or click ‘like’ control keys.
10. Offer the book free of charge. It’s not necessarily a final ditch effort and may be a terrific way to get started. Once a reader-base is made with referrals, you’ll be able to raise the cost. Even if the actual free route does not appeal, keeping the cost low is sensible. Many ebooks market from 99 pennies to $4. 99. Over that, one typically must be an established author to market amounts that issue.